I started running at the end of Year 4, and at the end of this year is when I joined my current club. Since then I've done 28 parkruns, run for my club, school, schools district, schools county, and county. I hope to someday make the GB running team and compete on the world stage, however I don't know what distance yet.
I am writing this blog because it is to inform people about what I am doing, and hopefully inspire people to do sports. It's not all about running, running's the sport I chose and you can get fit. I support initiatives like parkrun and ThisGirlCan.
Achievements - 2013
• I did parkrun (5 kilometres) in 24:48.
• I did cross-country for my school and came 2nd, 2nd, 3rd and won the last one.
• I competed in the County Schools cross-country championships and came 11th.
• I was doing well at my club.
• I won a cross-country in my last year at primary school, as well as winning the relay, and coming 2nd, 2nd and 3rd.
• I came 3rd in the Year 7 cross-country and qualified for the County schools championships.
• I earned my first ever club vest.
• I got to put on my first ever county schools vest!
Achievements - 2015
• I came 16th in the county schools championships, and qualified to run for the county schools. I ran in the schools cross-country championships for my county and came 39th out of 79.
• I ran for my county (not schools) in the non-scoring 800 metres and got a PB of 2:35.
• I came 13th, 11th, 13th and 10th in the 4 league races and 102nd in the Southern championships.
• I won the district schools cross-country by about 300 metres (!), the same one which I came 3rd in last year!
Achievements - 2016
• I came 14th in the county schools championships and 7th in my year group, so qualified to run for my county in schools again. In that I came 12th in the last cross-country of the season, which was where I ran for my county schools.
• I switched to the track season and in my first Open Event I got an 800 metres PB - 2:31.
• Then I ran a club record 1500 metres time in the first competition of the season - 5:03.81 and came 2nd in the younger age group (Under 15 girls (year 8s and Year 9s) I was in Year 8.